DATE NIGHT WITH FIREFLY – WATCH THE SPARKS FLY!
Continuing our series on non-alcoholic drinks and food pairing, we turn to date night. Now more than ever we need to find reasons to make nights in together special and we’ve come up with a great combination to do just that.
Our Lemon, Lime & Ginger botanical drink has the right zesty flavour profile to cut through rich dishes. We’ve paired it with Crab Linguini; the crispness and herbal notes of the drink are delightful with the restaurant style pasta dish.
Don’t forget to light the candles, chill the Firefly and get Alexa to play your favourite chill soundtrack to ensure the sparks fly!
- Place a large pan of salted water over a medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Cook the pasta until tender or to your taste.
- While the pasta is cooking, start on the sauce. Peel and finely slice the garlic and deseed and finely chop the chilli. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and add the garlic, chilli and fennel seeds.
- Fry for a couple of minutes until the garlic and chilli have softened. Be careful it’s very easy to burn garlic, so keep an eye on it or turn down the heat if needed.
- Take the frying pan off the heat and grate in the zest of half the lemon, then squeeze in the juice of the whole thing.
- Add the brown crab meat to the pan and stir until well combined.
- Just before you drain the pasta, take two tablespoons of pasta water and add to the frying pan, stirring to combine.
- Drain the pasta, and add to the frying pan, stirring to coat it all in the sauce.
- Add the chopped parsley to the pan along with 150g of the white crab meat. Stir again until well distributed and then serve into bowls.
- Top with the remaining white crab meat and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve immediately.